Oh hi, Viv here (vivien.tanshihui@gmail.com)

Friday 2 August 2013

Bali Day 1

Got to really thank my parents for encouraging me on this trip and specially to my mum! She managed to get the zero dollar return flight for me which initially ran out! Haha so sweet that they all came and send me off :>




Since Michelle and I landed 2 days after Rachel and Mel they were very excited to bring us to the beach ONCE WE LANDED. But I'm so glad they did if not I'll be sleeping and rolling around in the hotel doing nothing. The beach was beautiful BUT this was considered 'normal' in Bali. 
WAIT TILL YOU SEE THIS OTHER BEACH WHICH I'LL UPLOAD SOON



This guy was literally snoozing in the sand hahaha extremely funny. You can't really tell from this photo but his body was half submerged in the sand and he was in deep deep slumber. Oh and apparently the sand was this whitening effect? Well seems like it didn't work on me hahaha but Michelle actually tried rubbing sand on one leg leaving the other to compare. And she claims theres a difference but I'm thinking it's psychological. Literally there are people having mass body scrub sessions so we were kinda shocked when we saw things we weren't supposed to see
Yup hahahaha

Imagine if I had the skill to balance everything on my head. My hands would be so free haha

Rach and Michelle (Sorry I forgot to introduce earlier haha)




Decided to try this very interesting looking dish and it's just a stall by the beach. Ok not even a stall, just a family sitting on the sand making some business. It's a little funky to me but if I had to describe it, it's like youtiao with popiah filling and peanut sauce. 

Our hotel for 5 days. Felt like just jumping down from my balcony

The beach club is so amazing. Even though I didn't drink there, I think it's still a place to visit especially if you like drinking. The ambience is incredible man I almost fell asleep there. So basically it's an open concept place, super chill and relax. And best part, there's a beach just right up ahead. 
Therefore, beach club

Cute Menu with stickers in it, which we took hahah

& that's Mel in cute overalls (right side)


Pretty interesting drinks! I tried a little of the red one which is Rachel's. Yummyyy

I was there more for the food don't mind me haha


Michelle and her ANTM moment



Rachel was like 'Indie girl on the beach omg snap now now now'
Ta-da she probably doesn't even know I took this.
Effortlessly pretty, bet she doesn't even know haahha

Ending off the post with Indie girl and friend. 

Pretty productive Day 1 huh. Haha I'm so terrible with such stuff and thankfully Rach and Mel were really good with directions and already knew where we wanted to head to. I was a great follower and knew nuts about the map in Bali. So really thanks to them. I don't really have much to say cause I reached Bali at 5pm and theres just that much we can actually do. Hahaha I'm glad I actually got to posting Day 1 cause I've been feeling so so lazy these few days. And I didn't wanna bombard this post lest it gets too boring heh. 
Enjoy the photos :>

Taken mostly with Iphone, some with film (never underestimate plastic cameras) and least with dslr. 
The Iphone does wonders sometimes. It's so convenient, it's kinda actual distance like you don't have to deal with the 50mm lens kinda issues. Plus it's light so you kinda can feel less fearful bringing it near to water. And everyone gets lazy right. I mean the beach is right there, and your friends are gonna play, just ditch the dslr already and join the fun righttttttt. Btw Rachel's Iphone water proof cover really helped me get some great photos cause I could bring my phone into the water hahaha but that's in like Day 4 or smth. 

Point is: Iphone rocks

No comments:

Post a Comment