Oh hi, Viv here (vivien.tanshihui@gmail.com)

Thursday 29 August 2013



Helen, once a stranger

Developed my first roll ever on my own (with Clara's help too) in the school's darkroom today. 
I've got only one thing to say

It's amazing. 
HAHAHAHHA

To be honest I wasn't THAT interested in dark room for some reason, not sure why either. But wow thank goodness this is a core module that I have to take cause I think I fell in love with how amazing developing your own film is. It's like you can determine almost everything! Like how faded you want it, how much contrast, the size, the exposure time and more. And you basically watch how a white light sensitive paper transforms into the image you have on negative

So now I know why people all wanna do darkroom, now I know. 
I'll definitely upload more proper photos but I only managed to get these 2 enlarged today. And they look slightly reflective cause the photo was wet, but I was too impatient and had to leave so haha that explains it. 

I really should be sleeping cause I'm sick but I have work to do
So by right I shouldn't be blogging but yup a quick post wouldn't kill ;)

2 comments:

  1. Hey Vivien!

    Chanced upon your blog and you are SO talented! *thumbs up up up*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! :') Nice seeing you that day haha while crossing the road :>

      Delete