Oh hi, Viv here (vivien.tanshihui@gmail.com)

Monday 23 September 2013

It's actually been a long while since I got a consolidated book of birthday wishes :')
Thank you NYC A2 for putting together this birthday celebration for me!!! Haha I loved the 'game' you guys planned for me, it was so something I would love to do haha. I'll try my best to explain the game but you might not understand/visualise this very well. Ok so basically I was the polaroid photographer, and there would be someone flashing these random image references to the rest of the group. And what is required for the rest would be to pose the exact same way to replicate the reference image they're looking at. AND YES, those photos were all pictures of me hahaha (I HAD NO IDEA REALLY). I was spamming my heart out with that mini instax camera that belonged to Chiewtong, never felt so happy just spamming the films. And when I was done taking everything, they revealed to me the reference images and we all had such a good time laughing hahaa. So now they're all in that album and I can look at them over and over again yay. 

But yknow, since I was in a polaroid mood I decided to use my wide film and spammed 14 too hahaha. It's like one for everyone, spread the wide polaroid film joy & love. I went to grab the props from my hall (which was a few steps away) which explains the party hats I had with my A&F friends and balloons from Tricia <3 

I have something to admit to. I RECORDED ALL THE AFFIRMATIONS. Cause some people in the group were giving me birthday affirmations and I felt so awkward cause I didn't know where to look when someone was praising me so much. A little embarrassed haha and I was trying to not cry. Guess what, Helen had to volunteer to speak and she made me cry. When she told me that agreeing to that stranger shoot with me was the best thing that happened
...

How do you expect me not to tear over that huh
But thank you Helen <3 I agree with you that it's by fate we met hahaha

So thank you everyone for being so enthusiatic during the celebration I had such a comfortable time being the center of attention (which I usually am super uncomfortable with) But it was different with you all. I've not joined you guys for long but thanks for accepting me into this family of yours and I'm glad to be with you all :>

(And thanks Tong for being the main person planning all this, you're so so creative and thanks for loving me so much. Love you too <3 )

No comments:

Post a Comment