Oh hi, Viv here (vivien.tanshihui@gmail.com)

Thursday 12 September 2013


Oh the beauty of polaroids

Haha if you actually squint your eyes to look at these, you'd be able to see all these little water droplets on the surface. Hopefully I can to scan them properly in high resolution soon so that I can give these originals to Nathasha. Had a shoot on Monday with this lovely girl and I'm so thankful that I got to work with her on this cause I've missed her so much!!! Haha I actually think we spent more time talking than shooting, ok or maybe about the same. But wow man, can't remember the last time I saw her. It was probably when she was still working at A&F. 

Nathasha is so amazing to work with. She's so aware of her body and yet also knows so clearly about what I want. I'm not very good with words or like expressing my concepts and for her to emote what I wanted, it was incredible. I don't even have to say much and she knows whether I need to retake that shot. She'll say something like 'Oh my lips, ok let's redo this.' Hahaha this may sound like nothing much but modeling itself is really tough. I felt so so bad that she had to flick her head and meddle with the fabric (which are my curtains) ten thousand times. I felt like her neck was gonna flick off, I'm so sorry seriously!!! I didn't even ask for a retake, but she just went ahead cause she knew that something was not entirely right with the photo. And also there wasn't really a toilet? But she kinda strategically changed somehow and really just tried her best at everything. I was secretly touched just watching her :')

Anddd thing is, as you all can tell it's been raining more than once everyday it's so unpredictable. But she really braved the rain with me. Not only the rain but the mud and the huge red ants. Really thanks so much for this short and yet fulfilling shoot I really enjoyed myself so much especially catching up with you again. I'm really blessed to have known you and to have you wanting to work with me. 
Many hugs for you <3

I REALLY HOPE YOU LIKE THE PHOTOS
You all have to agree that she's amazing right?! I'll post more soon 

No comments:

Post a Comment