Oh hi, Viv here (vivien.tanshihui@gmail.com)

Monday 7 October 2013






Overturnedd closet
Thanks Nedra and Shermaine! For coming all the way to Pulau NTU and volunteering your time
Thank you :')

She was grieving after losing her grandfather to stomach cancer late last year, when she chanced upon a video about Zach Sobiech. Tricia Young watched the video, which detailed the life story of the 18-year-old American teen. 
Not only was she moved to tears, Tricia, 19, was moved to act.  She wanted to do something for people who suffered from cancer. "I didn't want to just get back to life the same way it was after my grandfather's death. I wanted to make a difference," she told Youth.SG

So, three months ago, she started her blog shop 'Overturneddcloset', where she sells secondhand and DIY clothes and apparel. All the proceeds from her sales go to charity'
She donated all the money to the Children’s Cancer Foundation (CCF). She chose the CCF because she felt she could relate to the cause. However, she intends to donate to different charities in the future.
Tricia replied: "I decided that everything was going to charity and established that on my part, the covering of cost was not important because it would be my personal donation."
Beautifully written by Nicole Yeo (Youth.SG)

___________________________

Having known Tricia for nearly 10 years, you have no idea how proud I am to see her start this initiative to do something for the people with cancer. Yknow how we all feel the need to be charitable but don't actually do anything about it. I feel that this is indeed action put into words. Even for myself, when I watched her grandfather, it brought me to tears, I reflected a lot about life then and thought about doing an art piece about mortality. But did I do anything except giving it some thought, 
well no

So Tricia, I'm so superly proud of you and I hope that I can help you in whatever way possible like photoshooting your products. Thanks for making me feel like I can do something tangible to help your movement. I really hope that this initiative of yours go a long way to make people feel like they want to contribute effectively as well. Keep doing what you're passionate for! 
Help and support will definitely come your way :')

Biggest hugs Trish <3

Please do check out overturneddcloset.tumblr.com
Do your part guys! Spread the word :>

No comments:

Post a Comment