Oh hi, Viv here (vivien.tanshihui@gmail.com)

Wednesday 2 October 2013

Fish sh-oup

Pete's recommendation: 
Amoy street fish soup (Han Kee)


Our 'panel' of judges
Thank goodness for them if not Pete & I would never settle on who recommends better fish soup. 

My recommendation: 
Bugis (Xin Yuan Ji)

(I know the Amoy street one looks AESTHETICALLY better but yup you gotta trust my taste) 

Having deep secret discussions

Cause we thought that ordering fried fish soup wouldn't be fair to Pete, we ordered slice fish with no milk hahah so a total of 5 bowls altogether today 

Just look at their happy faces. 
I WON WOOHOO FINALLY
Sounds crazy but we've been verbally battling it out for 2 weeks and finally today victory is mine hahah
Ok but to be honest, Amoy street's fish is amazing. The best fish I've ever tasted. So all those that love eating fish you should go there. But downside is, it's really long queue, hot, the aunty isn't very generous with utensils, and the soup isn't very yummy (soya sauce would help alot haha) 

So I would suggest Bugis Xin Yuan Ji haha there's aircon, theres abundance of utensils and the soup tastes great on it's own. Plus the queue is better managed hahaha so yay I win overall today. 

I had so much fun today just watching how competitive we can be, couldn't' stop laughing. And thanks for being all excited for our fish soup Tuesday I had great fun. Like quite rare to have friends that go like 'Ok we need to see what is this fish soup they're so unsettled about' Hahah Jo and Kev were our judges and it was so damn funny to see Pete nervous watching them eat at Amoy cause suddenly his confidence level just diminished. Before this he was so confident that he would win hands down. 

The best conclusion would be a collaboration. 
Amoy's fish + Bugis soup 

Viv-Pete
1 - 0

So since we're pretty competitive people when it comes to food, we decided to do yam pie competition

Burger King vs Old Chung Kee
Obviously as you can tell that they aren't siding me on this. I think I prefer Old Chung Kee's
But yeah they're all siding BK. But I'm not gonna count scores for this cause Pete kinda wins this round
AND BECAUSE TODAY'S OBJECTIVE WAS FISH SOUP AND NOT YAM PIE
So I still win overall hahahaha

And then we got aimless after we ran out of food to compete on. Or maybe cause we're all super full except for Kevin cause he can eat alot. We went to the toy museum shop and Jo bought some purple slim which she decided to play with at a random corner.

The slim wasn't really slim cause it was too watery. Once we poured it out we couldn't glue them all back together. And we were at a random corner trying to contain all the slim but we were obviously failing. Instead of helping them I decided to take photos hahaha that's what friends are for. 

Proud owner the purple slim

Pete asked Jo to pout the slim on his hands with such confidence, only to discover that he regrets it very much 30 seconds later


My fun-filled slimy purple Tuesday
Can't believe Fish soup Tuesday came to pass honestly, sounds so trivial
BUT SO GLAD IT DID
THANKS JO THANKS KEV THANKS PETE
(Btw guys try saying fish soup 10 times. I can't pronounce it)
Fish sh-oup

No comments:

Post a Comment