Oh hi, Viv here (vivien.tanshihui@gmail.com)

Saturday 7 December 2013

Hello Stranger



























'Do we really know the people we meet?'

My final 6 (first 6) and more hahaha! I decided to upload everything and some behind the scenes cause the candid smiling shots were really genuine too. It's really heart warming :') I think most of you would have known that I was doing a project whereby it required 2 stranger to take a photo together and this was inspired by Photographer Richard Renaldi, a video shown to me by my secondary school art mentor. 

I guess when doing this series, I wasn't trying to prove anything. But I am hoping that it makes people wonder if we're missing out on the people around us. I mean who would have known that Helen and I would make such good friends? Our friendship is still something very surreal to me. I took the initiative to get to know a stranger, and I'd be really regretful if I had not known a person like her.

Initially people start off shy, but slowly they get comfortable. Maybe next time I'll do a collage of first and last photo haha, maybe maybe. I like how they leak accidental embarrassing smiles and giggles here and there haha. But it's a comfortable awkwardness I think? Well I don't know haha but I just feel so happy and hopeful doing this watching everything happen through my viewfinder :')

Actually all of the people I've photographed has given me good feedback, I can tell that they really enjoyed themselves hahah and somehow they seem to believe in the same cause. I hope I can continue doing this! If any of you are interested I could photograph you guys with a random stranger and we'll see what we get :) It's good fun really! And fulfilling haha

Hope you all like this project as much as I do :>
Thank you everyone who has helped me! Wouldn't be able to produce these if not for you guys
<3

vivien.tanshihui@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment