Oh hi, Viv here (vivien.tanshihui@gmail.com)

Wednesday 12 March 2014









"Essentially, an Iphone camera is as good as the Hasselblad I used to use. There's a weird judgement that comes involved with imagery that people think that every image needs to be 'high resolution'. One doesn't apply that restriction to a painting. That criteria isn't used for anything except for photography. But I don't say I create photographs anymore, I prefer to say imagery. If the image works, then who cares how many pixels is has? There doesn't seem any sense in having limitations on what kind of image capture sources we use. I'm increasingly using an Iphone-it gives me so much freedom. For twenty years, I shot on an 8x10 camera which is physically very difficult- it's a heavy piece of machinery not intended to be moved around."
Nick Knight

When I came across this quote Zhi Wei posted as his FB status, I was immediately intrigued because I love using my Iphone to capture my images. It's like I finally have a quote to back me up hahahah. My Iphone actually comes in line while I'm doing a shoot. The order usually goes like this, DSLR, Film, Polaroid, Iphone (must) hahaha it's a routine. 
Just yesterday my classmate just told me 'Viv don't be lazy and keep using your Iphone'
Hahaha yes it's true I'm quite a lazy person because my dslr is so bulky. But I don't think my Iphone pictures fail in comparison, which is why I use it all the time. I'm not sure what's the point of sharing this quote but I do think it makes alot of sense. I mean everytime you snap something it becomes part of your memory, and even if it's blur or at a lower resolution it still forms a memory. 
So, I guess yay to more Iphone pictures ;)

(But I promise I'll photograph more with a proper camera too, the comment my friend gave me made me realise that I really don't shoot with my dslr hahaha. I was just scrolling through my blog and I realised the bulk of it here are from the ever-so-amazing Iphone 5)

No comments:

Post a Comment