Oh hi, Viv here (vivien.tanshihui@gmail.com)

Thursday 24 April 2014

Open my eyes let me see

(Gonna be a short post) 
Firstly I'd like to thank everyone that has helped me one way or another, be it tangible or intangible. I was feeling really hopeless about my final series for Digital Imaging 2 but I'm glad I managed to submit something which made sense to me. But I wouldn't have been able to do this without the immense amount of help I got from so many people. I hope I'm able to list them all but I want to thank Kenneth Edi Ron Valerie Rachel Calvin and Khairul for physically being a part of the shoot. Thanks Kenneth for lending me your camera and all the equipment I needed, I basically only needed to bring my bag with biscuit supplies and water for the night. I felt like a 'leader' with so many people there helping me over a span of 3 nights. I was learning a lot from Kenneth and it felt as if we were both learning together as well. There was 1 day for failing, and 2 days for shooting my final images. Through this I've screwd up most of their body clocks especially Eds because immediately after the final crit she came to help me full on with mine. Thanks Ron and Khai for driving, I wouldn't have done this without a car and also for being fun and happy throughout. Even when I felt like I wanted to give up because night shoots are just super out of my comfort zone, they'd just say 'Ok next location we'll find better' They don't compromise on me reaching a certain standard just so they can go home and have an earlier rest. I really would type out a long essay on how much I appreciate you guys but in short, thanks for being such fun loving friends. Most you guys are meeting each other for the first time but hey they clicked perfectly well haha and I had alot fun. Thank you all so much :>

And also to Pete who linked me this reference which made me kick start this idea for my final project. It came super timely because I was working till the very last minute. I remember how Calvin (Rach's friend) told me 'We won't know until we try' Which made me feel alot better because it actually failed on the first day and I thought I wasted everyone's time. They really just went all out for this even though it isn't their project. All the mud and frogs and wild dogs and entering restricted areas so much more... Even supper won't make it up man, but thanks guys <3 And to all the other intangible help I got! Suggestions on which equipment I should use, or lending me your torchlights, or showing me how to DIY a lantern. Thank you all I appreciate it alot :>

And all I could do then was do a Mac Donalds treat. WE HAD IT FOR 2 DAYS 
But yay what a fun night adventure with you all    

2 comments:

  1. Please post the final products!! I love your photos and can't wait to see them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I will soon! When the sem finally ends haha. And thank you really appreciate it :>

    ReplyDelete