Oh hi, Viv here (vivien.tanshihui@gmail.com)

Wednesday 12 November 2014

Jone


Did my first ever shot with a large format 5x7 camera that is about 70 years old. My teacher has been really nice to so generously let me use all of his tools. I've been really blessed to meet the right professor because I'm currently the only fine art photography student in the school and he's glad that he gets to teach one this sem. So it's really cool cause he says it'll be a photography collaboration between us but more so I steer and he backs me up. To be honest I didn't expect to come here and find myself a professor that wants to mentor me and with that I'm really really thankful. It makes me feel supported and also have someone that I can discuss my thoughts with. So right now while I'm fiddling with all the other larger format cameras like the 8x10 inch tomorrow (I can't wait it's so nerve wrecking) I'm also planning for my main project that I'm hoping to complete before I return. I'm not too sure how the outcome will be but this is probably the first project I'm letting lose this much. I've got to learn to not always be in control of the things I create and sometimes just loosen the reigns I hold. I'm so nervous but it'll be an exciting one. 

And that's lovely Jone helping and also witnessing my first shot ever. These are with my Iphone as I've yet to develop my film, and the phone resolution is just crazyyyy I'm amazed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment