Oh hi, Viv here (vivien.tanshihui@gmail.com)

Wednesday 21 January 2015


My 3rd day being back and it's been quite overwhelming because firstly I've been ill for almost 2 weeks and haven't rested so today everything exploded in my face and I'm home bound, secondly school has been different from what I had the past 5 months. Just attending my core classes this week and looking at brief requirements all over again makes me snap back into Singapore reality almost immediately. That didn't make me very happy to be honest. Sometimes I wonder if I'm supposed to know what I'm doing and if not knowing was actually ok at all. I suppose it's ok and it's not me having an excuse to be lazy. I think I really appreciate the time I had to experience things around me and having the space to think about what I felt the most about. And I guess when that happens you really grow love your work alot more. I would say that the two series I did in Germany were my favourite thus far. It gave me most fulfillment meeting people and taking time to make each photograph and hence it gave me a different story to tell each time because there was much time invested in each of them. I was always excited to tell each picture, my experience and whatever that happened with me and that family I was photographing. Very thankful for the substantial amount of time I had with each of them and it was truly a privilege for me to visit these German homes, chances that don't come by that easily. So with that I'm eternally grateful

For once I felt like my work didn't need to try to be life changing, and I was happy with that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment